- B.A. Art History: Connecticut College, New London, Conn.
- Further Art History study: Sorbonne, Paris.
- History of Photography study: New York University.
- Photography study: David Vestal, Harold Feinstein, Lysette Modell, George Tice, Eva Rubinstein, Arkady Lvov, Stuart Melvin, John Coffer, Dan Estabrook, France Scully / Mark Osterman
- 1987 Established Anne Nielsen Photography.
- Archaeological documentation wtih Dr. Kofi Agorsah, Ghana, Africa
- Children of Kenya documentation of medical work in Kenya, with Dr. Martha Macguffie/48 Hours Television, Kenya.
- Documentation of Jewish community in Havana, Cuba.
- Advertising Photographers of New York 1995
- Nikon Promotion Awards 1995
- Golden Light, 100 Best Photographers 1997
- Finalist-Dorothea Lange/Paul Taylor Award, Duke University 1997
- Individual Artist Award, Maryland State Council on the Arts 2005
- Individual Artist Award, Maryland State Council on the Arts 2009
- Julia Margaret Cameron Awards: Winner Portrait Division & Overall competition Runner-Up 2010
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris. Honorable Mention 2011
- Adkins Arboretum of the Eastern Shore, Ridgely, Maryland 2004
- Dorchester County Historical Society, Cambridge, Maryland 2005
- Delmarva Discovery Center, Pocomoke City, Maryland 2010
- The Ward Museum, Salisbury, Maryland 2010
- Queen Anne’s County Arts Council 2010
- Dorchester County Center for the Arts 2012
- Kravis Center of Performing Arts, West Palm Beach, Florida 1998
- Ari Gasiunasen Gallery, Palm Beach, Florida 1998
- Gracie Lawrence Gallery, Delray Beach, Florida 1998
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 1999
- Perkins Center for the Arts, Moorestown, New Jersey 2003
- Gallery 447, Cambridge, Maryland 2004
- Carla Massoni Gallery, Chestertown, Maryland 2005
- South Street Gallery, Easton, Maryland 2005
- Carla Massoni Gallery, Chestertown, Maryland 2009
- Adkins Arboretum, Ridgely, Maryland 2009
- Main Street Gallery, Cambridge, Maryland 2009
- Academy Art Museum, Easton, Maryland 2010
- The Maryland Humanities Council 2010
- The Chaney Foundation 2010
- PNC Bank 2010
- Maryland State Arts Council, Maryland Traditions Project Grant 2010
- A Modern Day 'Shadow Catcher' - The Shore Life, October 2012
- "Shadow Catcher" - Chesapeake Life, November 2009
- American Society of Media Photographers